WELCOME TO REFEREES DEPARTMENT
Bhutan Football Federation’s Referee department is a separate department which is under the guidance of the President and General Secretary. The department plans & programs are designed to produce qualified referees at all levels for domestic and international competitions, and promote refereeing as a career.
Referee Department is committed to build up structure of Refereeing, with special focus on programs and courses to develop professional referees to officiate matches to share the updated Laws of the Game (LOTG) knowledge and implement the same across all levels.
Department works for overall growth of referees and inculcates the qualities and features that are required and acceptable by society.
The referee department has a 5 categories system. Category G being the entry level and Category 1 being the top Level.
To recruit, retain and continuously improve refereeing standards throughout the country and develop sufficient qualified referees by educating and supporting to meet the current and the future needs for the game.
To engage as many youths as possible and help them realise their potential and support them in promoting the values of fair play and respect to protect both the players and the game.
Aims and Objectives:
- To promote unity and cooperation through refereeing
- To have referees participating beyond the national league, SAF and SAG Games.
- To make referees proud to represent the Bhutan Football Federation within the community and beyond and show their pride in professionalism and ethics.
- BFF referees are expected to act in a respectful and professional manner on and off the field with other referee colleagues, coaches, managers, players, spectators and other people involved in the game.
- Referees must remember that our purpose is to serve the game in a fair and best of individual ability showing our professionalism.
- The rationale of creating this plan is to have all the information that referees need to refer to in one document.
- Recruit referees with special focus on female referees.
- Educate, mentor and assess both new and experienced referees.
- Provide a safe and rewarding environment for referees to officiate games.
- Provide opportunities for referees to upgrade and enhance their knowledge and skills to achieve their goals.
- Reinvigorate the relationship between referees and clubs/leagues, and the community. It is also expected that the referees will be proud to represent the Bhutan Football Federation within the country and beyond.
Ugyen Dorji, Head of Department
Message from HoD
It is my pleasure to lead the Department of Referees. The refereeing development strategy plan has always been an important part of the refereeing development in the country. The referee department plays a key role in defining and leading in regards to development of the manpower and resources within the department.
The department main activities and responsibilities should be focus on increasing the pool of quality referees at all levels, referees education, retaining program, female referees support program and be professional in everything they do both on and off the field with honesty and integrity, in return we will be valued and respected by others irrespective of the result.
I am confident that the referees would justify the credibility of the department by showing a high-level professional competence in their refereeing field.