WELCOME TO BHUTAN FOOTBALL ACADEMY
BFF Academy (Bhutan Football Federation Academy)was started in 2022 as a middle secondary school at Changjiji- Thimphu and was inaugurated by His Royal Highness Prince Jigyel Ugyen Wangchuck and president of Bhutan Football Federation Ugyen Tshechup. on 30th May 2022. In 2023, the Academy was upgraded to Higher secondary school.
Bhutan Football Academy is under the umbrella of the Bhutan Football Federation. Thus, the federation came up with an avenue where the children could emphasize both football and the academy. The Academy is domiciled in an exotic area placed away from the cacophony of the city. The serenity of the location uplifts the inner passion and the zeal to excel in sports and academics. This avenue has been provided to the young footballers so that they can pay equal attention to the game they love and simultaneously be intact with their academics. To assure complete guidance towards the children, the young footballers are bequeathed with boarding facilities.
The Academy is bifurcated into two divisions. The academy is led by a Principal inclusive of teaching staff and non-teaching staff. The technical division is led by a technical Director inclusive of coaches. The staff and coaches cater to the academic and technical requirements of the learners.
This kind of platform has been provided for the first time in the country for sports enthusiasts. The future is radiant and Academy visions to captivate football lovers beyond the precinct of the nation and an exemplary to the rest of the nation and beyond. The present Principal is Mr. Rudra Chhetri a recipient of National Order of Merit (gold) has a vast experience working as a teacher vice principal, principal in different schools in government and private school .
The school has classes VII to XI and it will be upgraded to class XII in 2024. The Academy aims to provide quality education along with football training through wholesome approach.
Excellence in providing wholesome Education and quality coaching in Football
- We aspire for the best from students, educators and coaches; we help school develop, adapt and incorporate a holistic competitive philosophy that supports the health and well-being of everyone involved.
- To promote quality football competitions and participate to expose talented learners to quality coaching, teaching, and learning.
- To bequeath youth with the opportunity to play football while imbibing social, psychological, physical, and technical skills to prepare learners for professional teams and to produce excellent and confident youths through wholesome education.
- Provide support to teachers for continuous enhancement of teaching and learning competencies
- To strengthen disaster preparedness and response of the education system
Mindset for sportsmanship, service, excellence, integrity, responsibility and respect.
- Sportsmanship- Is about fair play, ethical behaviour and general goodwill towards an opponent.
- Service- To serve without expecting to be served.
- Excellence- To always strive to embrace challenges and move towards success. To explore and utilize one’s talent to the maximum.
- Responsibility-To be responsible as a student and citizen for one’s actions.
- Respect-To value each person and treat one another with compassion.
- Actions. : to practice and put into action in what is learned.
The school starts like any other school in the kingdom at 8.05am and the classes will be over by 2pm with a break of interval (10 minutes and lunch time 40 minutes).
From 3.00pm, the technical team of the Academy starts coaching and training starts with skill development
The Academy is affiliated to Bhutan Council for School Examination and Assessment (BCSEA). The first batch of class VIII and X has appeared the Board examination. The pass percentage was 80% in Board Examination.