Club Licensing aims to promote good governance and bring structure to football clubs.It is a tool that elevates the standard of leagues and clubs. The National Club Licensing System was introduced in 2021 to ensure that clubs participating in Top National Leagues were upholding a certain standard.
The BFF Club Licensing System
The BFF has adopted the National Club Licensing regulations from 1st September 2021. It was introduced with a set of criteria to be fulfilled for the clubs to be eligible to participate in National Competition (Bhutan premier League & Women’s National League).
The regulations have five criteria- Sporting; Infrastructure, Personnel & Administrative, Financial and Legal criteria (please refer to the below-attached regulations for detail). These criteria have been graded into 3 sub-criteria (A, B & C):
- A- Club Licensing Criteria Gradation : These mandatory criteria are to be fulfilled by the license applicant. If the license applicant does not fulfill any of the criteria, then they shall not be granted a license to enter the National Competitions organized by Bhutan Football Federation.
- B- Club Licensing Criteria Gradation: If the license applicant does not fulfill any B- club licensing criteria, then it shall be sanctioned as specified by the licensor for non-fulfillment of these criteria, however, the license applicant may still receive a license to enter the National Competitions.
- C- Club Licensing Criteria Gradation: These Club Licensing Criteria are best practice recommendations
(For now, BFF has regulated only the A criteria)
Overall, Club Licensing has an Objective to:
- Establish reliability, credibility, and integrity of the National League and BFF Club Competitions along with the clubs participating in those competitions.
- Promotion and continuous improvement of standards of all the aspects of football.
- Ensure qualified coaches are engaged in training the players in each participating club with the overall aim to improve the standard and quality of the matches.
- Ensure development of youth teams.
- Ensure adequate and good quality match and training facilities for the clubs participating in those competitions.
- Improve the overall administration and management organization of the clubs and make them more efficient, productive, and transparent.
- Improve the economic and financial standings of clubs and generate revenues through effective marketing and commercial exploitation by the clubs.
|BFF Club Licensing Regulations||National Competitions|
|AFC Club Licensing Regulations||AFC Competitions|
|BFF Club Licensing Manual|